At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by volunteering, fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your career
At Sedulo we embrace a holistic and innovative culture with diversity and integrity at the heart. We are working to build an open and inclusive environment which supports the needs of all our team members.
We are looking for people to join the team who want to deliver beyond expectation and get results. Whether this be through embracing feedback, creating fulfilling relationships with colleagues and clients, being genuinely interested in their work, or by simply being the best version of themselves. At Sedulo, we know how important it is to create an environment for positive change, both in work and in the communities, we work within. This is demonstrated through our persistent commitment to charitable projects and a strong focus on innovation in everything that we do. You can make an impact at Sedulo, not only through delivering amazing work, but also through participating in the charity campaigns we run throughout the year. Alongside all of this, our events team ensure we also have a lot of fun – with countless wellbeing activities and events being hosted at all our offices every week!
We understand that to be a world class organisation, we must embrace uniqueness and choose courage over comfort. Everything we strive to be is grounded in our core values: Personable, Integrity, Holistic, Innovative and Deliver Beyond Expectation.
About The Role
We are looking for a strong compliance accountant with a practice background. You will work closely alongside the compliance seniors and year end accounts manager to undertake year-end accounts preparation, and deliver any adhoc advisory work to a varied client base.
The successful applicant will have the autonomy to shape their own career within a tight-knit, innovative environment with the support and guidance of the wider compliance team.
You will relish the opportunity to assist in providing a world class service to a varied portfolio of clients and will enjoy acting as a mentor and coach to a small, dedicated team of trainees.
· Carrying out the preparation of year-end accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
· Ensure all targets are met, including but not limited to, monthly billing, client deadlines and internal quality standards
· Assist in the training and development of junior staff members through mentoring, coaching and providing technical guidance
· Contribute to weekly team meetings to discuss client deadlines, workload/planner and billing targets
· Maintain excellent working relationships with staff and clients
· Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of internal processes and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· Part Qualified ACCA/ACA (or equivalent) or QBE with experience within a practice environment where main duties have related to statutory year end accounts
What we really need
· Excellent communicator at all levels
· Confident in working with clients at all levels and experience in building strong client relationships
· Organised, efficient and a genuine interest and willingness to make a positive contribution
· A strong desire to coach and develop team members
· Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
Send us your CV & apply for this role...
Our aim is to encourage and support all applicants during the application process, if you have any reasonable adjustments that you will require, please do not hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.